The size of the sandy area of the beach is far less than it was in prior to 1914 when a promenade and sea wall were constructed. A functional storm water drain emptying near to the bogey hole was built in 1918. During heavy wave conditions in 1961 six children swimming in the bogy hole were wash back into the pipes. All six were safely rescued by Waverley Council Life Guards and Bronte lifesavers who had to craw up into the pipes following the two branches. On the Northern end near to a stairway there is a naturally formed, large sandstone cave. This shady sheltered cave may have been used by the local indigenous people.
Help by adding relevant Tourist information details or, if this area is privately owned, add these details