2 Victoria Street, Gerringong, New South Wales 2534
The Schoolhouse is no ordinary building. Built by Alexander Berry in 1862, it opened in 1870 as the schoolhouse at Toolijooa, near the Gerringong township. The building was moved to Gerringong town in 1953 (how did they do it?!) where it became part of the Gerringong primary school, remaining as such until 1994. It was decommissioned as a school building in 1995 and moved, again, to its present site. Nowadays the classroom houses a cheesemaking and tasting room for cheeses and teas, purpose designed and built. A blackboard and a wall clock are still there, the timber flooring remains, the veranda still has the hooks for the school bags, tables pass for desks, but they now do the homework. The Schoolhouse no longer has set opening days or hours, however booking requests for special occasions can be made via email.